The Alberta Pharmacy Students’ Association (APSA) is a registered student group with the University of Alberta Students’ Union and represents the voice of pharmacy students in the province of Alberta. Membership in the organization is voluntary for Alberta pharmacy students, but highly encouraged. We provide numerous services to students, such as social events, locker sales, yearbooks, orientation, bulk textbook orders, and much more! For a detailed summary of the services we provide to pharmacy students and the benefits of membership, please visit our Student Services page.
Welcome to APSA
Inspiring students to lead the future of pharmacy by creating an experience like no other.
To promote unity among pharmacy students and to address pharmacy students’ social, academic, and advocacy needs. In particular, we:
- Strive to represent the voice of pharmacy students;
- Promote and advance the profession of pharmacy;
- Serve undergraduate pharmacy students through the provision of social, athletic, academic, and professional events and services;
- Act as a liaison and means of communication for pharmacy students to the Faculty, the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns (CAPSI), the Alberta Pharmacists Association (RxA), the Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP), the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA), the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP), the Students’ Union (SU) and any other body;
- Promote a positive community image for pharmacy students through community involvement;
- Are a registered student group with the SU, and are subject to the rules and limitations of the SU and University governing the conduct of student groups on campus.
Membership By Class
APSA proudly boasts significant student membership and involvement. Currently, each class of the pharmacy program at the University of Alberta has between 90% and 100% active membership in our association.
The APSA Council of 2017-18 extends a warm welcome to the incoming Class of 2021! Welcome to the pharmily!