



APSA Executive Council Meeting
August 23rd, 2023 @7:00pm, online via Google Meets

1. Call to order (7:00 pm)
2. Roll call (2 min): Prerna, Goodwin, Sarah, Talia, Cass, Brooklyn, Sydney, Jin
 - a. Regrets: Asmaa, Zach
3. Additions to the agenda (1 min)

Motion: To approve the agenda
First: Talia, **Second:** Jin
4. Minutes of the last meeting (1 min)

Motion: To approve the previous meeting minutes
First: Talia, **Second:** Jin

New Business Overview

- | | |
|--|---|
| 5. APSA Business Facebook Page (Sarah) - 5 mins | 1 |
| 6. Summer Retreat Slides (Sarah) - 5 mins | 2 |
| 7. Welcome Back BBQ (Prerna) - 5 min | 2 |
| 8. Mint Health (Prerna) - 15 min | 3 |
| 9. Sponsorship Package (Prerna) - 5 min | 3 |
| 10. SU SRA Summit (Prerna) - 5 min | 3 |
| 11. Safe Sex Supplies Conversation from May (Cass) - 5 min | 3 |

New Business:

5. [APSA Business Facebook Page \(Sarah\) - 5 mins](#)

Sarah: So if you didn't know we had a business facebook page for external groups and future students to look at. It has come to our attention that the previous VP Admin was supposed to transfer admin permissions to me, but she is unable to as it requires her to know the password, which she does not.

Jin: Do we know which email is attached to the account? Have you tried the "forgot your password function?"

Sarah: We have tried the main APSA email and APSA VP Finance email, so we aren't really sure which email it is.

Goodwin: Is there any Facebook Help Centre we can contact? I'm sure there is some way to trace it back to validate you.

Sarah: The question is also if we need this page in general?

Jin: I wouldn't really want to lose the following the page has and I think it's a good way for anyone not in APSA or our program to know what we are doing and advertise events not just for us.

Prerna: Fair points, I just don't know how else we can get the password because we also recently lost access to other APSA emails from the university so if it was one of those we won't be able to reset it anyway. Have you tried everything, Sarah?

Sarah: That's what Alyna has been looking into, she has contacted two of the VP Admins before her and neither knows the password. Alyna was the last person to get admin privileges on this Facebook page though.

Goodwin: It has been updated by Alyna recently, but it's about whether we want to continue updating it. We could be posting whatever we post on the instagram page and faculty stuff. I don't see harm in keeping it unless it's too much trouble to try to get access again.

Sarah: I guess I will ask Alyna if she can try any other way of getting access again.

Prerna: Does anyone have strong opinions about removing or keeping it?

Sarah: Since no one has strong opinions, we will try to troubleshoot it a little bit more, but the worst case is that we put a post on the page that it is no longer active and to refer to the website or the instagram page for general information.

6. **Summer Retreat Slides (Sarah) - 5 mins**

Sarah: I put out the call for official agenda items on Monday, but I was talking to Prerna and she wanted all Execs to provide a little bit of an update as an agenda item at the meeting as well. So if you could submit a slide with some updates whether for the semester or the year that would be appreciated. And if you will have a little script you will be reading then please post it into the speaker notes. I don't know if Prerna had anything else to add?

Prerna: No, I think all of us are going to be there for that 2.5-3 h meeting, but we will try to make it interesting, mostly just updates though.

Jin: When you say you want us to submit slides you mean as a PDF image or are you gonna format it?

Sarah: You can design your own slide, but if you have multiple slides you will have to ask me to change it for you. I am just trying to minimize people having different slides decks for this meeting since it's so long.

Goodwin: And are these updates an official agenda item?

Sarah: It is technically an agenda item, but you don't need to formally send me a message to submit this as an agenda item as it is already expected anyway. People can put slides in however they want but I might reorganize slide order as needed when I finalize the agenda.

7. **Welcome Back BBQ (Prerna) - 5 min**

Prerna: So this agenda item I submitted before I had a meeting with Brooklyn and Anjela, but just an update on the BBQ. I think almost everyone is updated about the Welcome Back BBQ if they are in the group chat, but we have booked the venue for Garneau on September 5th from 2-8pm with the actual event from 4-7pm.

Brooklyn: We are still working on quote for Shoppers. We will have volleyball games and we are borrowing a corn hole game and spike ball from Carol as alternatives.

Goodwin: Just checking, are we still looking for what to do about a tent and BBQ transport?

Brooklyn: Shoppers are looking for one to bring and alternatively I got a quote from someone that requires us to pick up and drop off, it's 5 feet long and 10 inches wide when packed. And Prerna is picking up Anjela's BBQ?

Brooklyn: We need to figure out logistics of getting food and storing it later too.

8. **Mint Health (Prerna) - 15 min**

Motion: To move in camera:

First: Talia, **Second:** Jin

Motion: To move out of camera

First: Jin, **Second:** Goodwin

9. **Sponsorship Package (Prerna) - 5 min**

Prerna: Not much to talk about with Sponsorship packages besides Goodwin and I are working on it. Goodwin is meeting with all the councilors to get event descriptions but the goal is releasing the sponsorship package on Sept 1st.

Goodwin: I will let everyone review the draft of the package as well before I send it out.

Prerna: In the meantime, if you have a sponsor you want to reach out to for your event sooner, just let me know and we can reach out together.

10. **SU SRA Summit (Prerna) - 5 min**

Prerna: I have been talking to UASU rep, Pedro, there's a summit for advocacy and student collaboration event held by the UASU, but he wants to know if there are additional people that will be present as back ups. But if anyone wants to do it, let me know.

Jin: What is the date?

Prerna: October 6 and 7th 5-9 pm, with back up dates they want us to rank. I will send a screenshot to the group chat but let me know if you are interested in being a backup for me.

11. **Safe Sex Supplies (Cass) - 5 min**

Cass: If you remember the conversation from May, Justin Peters reached out about a safe sex supplies contact. I asked him about it, but he asked what we wanted to do. So I want to know if we still want to provide this and what types of supplies we want to offer, like condoms (latex or isopropylene) or dental dams. It is not at the top of my priority list because I think SUB offers supplies too. Sarah told me that Goodwin was eventually going to contact the faculty about offering funds then hopefully I can give him an amount we can provide for it.

Goodwin: I don't remember the final verdict, but I remember discussing how it would be a good initiative and if the Faculty could cover the cost and it would be easy to handle. And there was potentially some concerns about how people would perceive it, but as healthcare students it is something that we should view as important so I would like to see it provided in some way.

Cass: What types of supplies? There are also different materials.

Goodwin: I think as much variety as we are able to provide.

Cass: Okay and where is the most appropriate to put it? In the bathroom with feminine hygiene products?

Prerna: Yes, probably in all the bathrooms.

Sarah: I will add that I was talking to Cass, but the pads and tampons are actually funded by APSA. So I don't know if faculty will cover safe sex supplies if they don't even fund that, but we can still ask them at the next meeting we have with them. And I mostly reminded Cass as I wasn't sure if she would need to include it in her budget for the year.

Goodwin: What was this under in the budget last year?

Cass: It was under APSA lounge and PBL costs last year.

Brooklyn: I agree with what has been said so far. But can Justin provide us a quote?

Cass: I tried to ask about a ballpark to supply in a year and they told us it depends. If we can give an amount without discounts, they could speak to their contact about what can be provided.

Prerna: I think if we are providing this then it should be whatever they have, not just condoms, but Cass can you see how much they cost. We will talk to Student Services about it and potentially discuss coverage for feminine hygiene products and safe sex supplies. Side note, our first meeting with Student Services is September 28th 12:20-1pm, because they weren't able to meet sooner.

Sarah: Yeah, so I suggested we set it up so the Student Services meeting would happen the same week as General Council for us, then the alternate week would be the Exec meeting.

Prerna: Reminder there are 3 meetings for execs, this meeting with student services happens at lunch and it will be the same week as the general council meetings.

12. Extra: Check-in About Events/[Review of the Past Year of Events](#) - (Prerna) - remaining time

13. Additions to the Agenda: None

14. Adjournment (7:51 pm)

Motion: To adjourn

First: Jin, **Second:** Cass