“Inspiring students to lead the future of pharmacy by creating an experience like no other.”
To promote unity among pharmacy students and to address pharmacy students’ social, academic, and advocacy needs. In particular, we:
• Strive to represent the voice of pharmacy students;
• Promote and advance the profession of pharmacy;
• Serve undergraduate pharmacy students through the provision of social, athletic, academic, and professional events and services;
• Act as a liaison and means of communication for pharmacy students to the Faculty, the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns (CAPSI), the Alberta Pharmacists Association (RxA), the Alberta College of Pharmacists (ACP), the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA), the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP), the Students’ Union (SU) and any other body;
• Promote a positive community image for pharmacy students through community involvement;
• Are a registered student group with the SU, and are subject to the rules and limitations of the SU and University governing the conduct of student groups on campus.
As the faculty association for undergraduate pharmacy students at the University of Alberta we value:
• Integrity in our actions and decisions
• Unity of pharmacy students
• Student engagement in the Association, the community, and the pharmacy profession
• Excellence in student programming and service delivery
• Professionalism of our governors and members
• Leadership within the university and among student associations
For an overview of APSA and its positions, please see our About APSA presentation.